Govardhana Kirtan

Today, I was at Soho Temple - it was Govardhana Puja today. The temple was very nicely decorated, and the deities were stunning in their beautiful outfits. As usual, the feast was really nice.....but it ended up too much! I had to stuff all the sweets in my cup and attempt to get up! His Grace Devadeva Prabhu sang the kirtans and I was literally swept away with his melody that I had never heard before. He is literally crying out for their Lordships in so much pain and separation.

For a fraction of a moment the holy names seemed to come alive and touch me a little bit with its transcendental attractiveness - it is beyond words! I just realised that nothing in the material world can ever compare to the Holy Names, and the Holy Names is like a never-ending ocean of bliss. You then start to wonder why souls deviate from Devotional Service, if it is so pleasurable. My mind is saying that it is all down to the origin of the soul, but that's another controversy that is not worth getting into! Silly Mind!

Below is a lovely video clip from my mobile phone. Please watch:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment